Arranging Funerals In Wirral
Kenna and Turner Independent Funeral Directors offer professional and compassionate funeral services across Wirral and the surrounding Wirral area.
What You Need to Know in Times of Bereavement
When the death occurs at home, if it is sudden and the person has not been under the care of their G.P. you would need to call an ambulance so that the death can be referred to the coroner. The coroner’s officer will help and advise you as to what will happen next.
Funeral Services Wallasey
Please ring us so we can put your mind at rest and help you through this difficult time. You can ring us 24hrs a day, & 7 days a week. The first steps to be taken when a death occurs are often the most difficult for people to make. Our advice to all families is that, when a death does occur, you should contact us immediately so we can start to support you. Our telephone number 0151 638 4444 is answered 24 hours a day by a professional member of staff.
The following questions have been compiled to help you think about the kind of decisions that will need to be made when arranging a funeral. Please don’t worry, we are here to help you all the way.
- Will I choose a burial or cremation?
- A church service first or a cemetery or crematorium chapel?
- Would I prefer a Minister, Priest or Humanist ? (I.E. religious or non religious)
- What kind of coffin would I choose?
A traditional, solid timber, wicker, cardboard or colourful coffin? Again all the different types will be explained to you. Would I like my loved one to wear their own clothes or let Kenna and Turner Independent Funeral Directors provide a gown or robe? These are all little points which help to make the funeral arrangement totally personal to you.
Just please remember not to be overwhelmed, you do not have to consider all or any of these questions until you feel ready. There is no rush, you are not under any pressure. We will be glad to discuss everything in detail when we meet up with you. We will explain costs all along the line so you are fully aware of what it is all going to cost and a written estimate will always be given. The provision of up to two members of staff at any time, day or night, are available to move the deceased to our chapel of rest.
Part of our service to you :
- Guidance on all legal aspects following a death
- Liaising with the Coroner or GP when necessary
- Placing obituary notices in newspapers
- Ordering floral tributes
- Arranging with clergy, the cemetery, crematorium and organist
- Dealing with all enquiries relating to the funeral
- We can also list all mourners attending the funeral of your loved one
- Arrange catering in your home or a venue
Other services available:
- Piped music
- Personal address system
- Web casting
- Order of service
- Memoriam cards
- Thank you cards
- Condolence books
- Preparation of the deceased including hygienic treatment when necessary and practical
- Visiting the private chapel of rest
- Bereavement counselling